PERMACULTURE AND COMMUNITY FOR SUSTAINABLE LIVING
Why Live in Community?
You'll impact the planet with a smaller ecological footprint.
You'll feel safer.
You'll most likely be healthier.
You'll save money.
You'll grow as a person.
You'll experience connection and support with like-minded friends and colleagues.
You'll have more fun.
Ten most common fears about joining a community:
(taken from Diana Leaf Christian's Finding Community)
1. I don't want to live out in the boonies
2. I don't want to live with a bunch of hippies
3. I don't want to live a "poverty consciousness lifestyle" with limited resources
4. I don't want to live with counter cultural types who are trying to avoid responsibility
5. I don't want to have to join a religion or take up some spiritual practice i don't believe in.
6. I don't want to live in a hierarchical system or follow a charismatic leader
7. I don't want to have to think like everyone else. What if it turns out to be a cult?
8. I'm afraid I won't have enough privacy or autonomy.
9. I don't want to have to share incomes or give all my money to the community
10. What if we can't all get along. I don't want to live with a bunch of bad-tempered,dysfunctional people.
* Our hope is that this web site answers most of these concerns and visiting MMV answers the rest.
** Please write/email us if any remain.