PERMACULTURE AND COMMUNITY FOR SUSTAINABLE LIVING
Visitor / Volunteer / Member Application
copy, paste, complete, and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or physically mail to: P.O. Box 246 Gasquet, California 95543
1) Please attachaphotograph -- (we look forward to our guests and it seems to make them less of a mere application/information -- and more human -- if we have a picture worth a thousand words)
2) Dates and duration
you propose to arrive ___________________________________
length of stay _______________________________
3) Interested in (indicate all that apply to you, please elaborate on your intention,
and ask any questions about commitments, responsibilities, etc
We want to know what you're looking for)
Work-trade volunteer short term (minimum two weeks)
Work-trade volunteer longer term
Internship (May 15th to October 15th)
4) Personal Information
Home phone number
Cell Phone number
Emergency contact name, phone number, and address
Children('s) names and ages (visiting with you)
5) Do you have a drug, alcohol or tobacco history or a current challenge?
We all agree to living above chemical dependencies while we're on this land
Are you willing and able to transcend, and abstain from, chemical dependencies while you're here?
Refined white sugar -- tobacco -- alcohol -- cannabis -- any/all other drugs
(this is the point where those with chemical dependencies are tempted to be less than forthright.
Please take a moment to gather courage for transparency here. It never works out well, otherwise.)
Will this be a difficult challenge?
6) Have you lived in community previously? If so, what was your experience like?
7) Do you have any health or legal challenges? Please elaborate.
8) Do you have any specific dietary requirements, preferences, aversions or allergies?
--Do you have a propensity for sweets? How often? Can you go without refined white sugar?
9) Will you be a potent, contributing community member/visitor? Please explain why.
We want to know what your work habits/ethics are and what your motivations are
What kind of work schedule is ideal for you?
10) Chemical sensitivities. Some members and guests can be sensitive to chemicals, including fragranced personal care and cleaning products. How do you manage your use of chemical/fragranced products? Would you be willing to discontinue use of any products that may affect our residents?
11) EMFs. Some members and guests can be sensitive to wireless radiation frequencies. When cell phones or other wireless devices are not in use we ask members and guests to please keep their devices on Airplane mode to minimize exposures, especially in common areas. Would you would be comfortable agreeing to this?
12) What skills and experience will you contribute to the community? What areas do you hope to focus on or learn about during your stay? We would like to have an idea of what projects you’ll be interested in or adept at.
13) Please rate your interest and ability in these areas: 1-10 / 1-10
Physical labor (shoveling, building rock walls, moving heavy things, splitting firewood)
Cooking / food prep and processing (including fermenting, canning, baking etc)
Cleaning cabins & common areas
Carpentry / woodworking or other building skills
Beekeeping, animal care
Mechanical / electrical / fix-it / troubleshooting stuff
14) What other personally held ideas or beliefs should the community, in order to know you well, seek to understand and/or accept?
15) Do you have regimens to maintain the strength and well being of your physical body?
Yoga? Stretching? Other?
-- Do you meditate?
We practice the intelligent management of our body and mind here on the mountain
(it is not mandatory) -- will you want to participate in our daily regimens?
What physical ailments are you currently challenged to heal from?
What mental health challenges have you had or are currently having?
16) Why does MMV appeal to you and what is your ideal scenario for community living?